Track & Field
June 9, 2018 @ Eastside High School in Greenville
Where: Eastside High School, 1300 Brushy Creek Rd., Taylors, SC 29687
When: Saturday, June 9, 2018 @ 9:00am-Until — Youth Division (Age Under 18)
Sponsored by the Greer All-Stars & Eastside High School Track and Field
Sanctioned by the State Games of America & the AAU/SC
Entry Fee: By registering for this event all participants agree to the State Games NO refund policy. $7 for each event. Relays count as an event and are $28 per team ($7 per athlete). REGISTER NOW!
Entry Process – All entries will be accepted online ONLY at CoachO.com. Payment will be required at registration. No paper or mailed/emailed entries will be accepted. There will be NO race day entry. Please make sure that all entries have performances so that they may be used for seeding purposes. Entries with no performances will be assigned no distance/no height/no time and will be seeded in slower heats. The registration site will open on May 11 and closes on Thursday June 7 at 11:59 a.m.
Youth Division: 2-year age groups 8 and under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18* (*athletes born in 1999 must turn 19 after 07/31/2018)
(Open & Masters athletes looking for a meet, please visit the Greenville Track Club web page. They have an Open & Masters Meet on June 9 at Furman University.)
Entry Limits: Any athlete in any division that is 12 and under is limited to 3 events including relays. Age groups 13 and over are limited to 4 events including relays. Track Teams may enter an unlimited number of athletes in each individual event and an unlimited number of relay teams. Relay team must have a minimum of four athletes and can have a maximum of eight athletes listed per relay.
Eligibility: All residents of South Carolina and surrounding states are eligible to compete. Athletes coming from other states please read the special considerations on the State Games webpage. Age group is determined by you age as of 12/31/2018. *athletes born in 1999 must turn 19 after 07/31/2018. All South Carolina residents, college students and military personnel who have lived in the state of South Carolina for at least 30 days prior to the day of competition and meet the specific requirements for their sport of interest may compete. South Carolina residents attending college or serving in the military in another state are also eligible to compete. Teams may roster out-of-state players if they can prove those players have been playing with the team all season.
Events: 100 (all groups), 200 (all groups), 400 (all groups), 800 (all groups), 1500 (all groups), 400 Relay (all groups), 1600 Relay (all groups), 3000 (11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18), 1500 Race Walk (11-12, 13-14), 3000 Race Walk (15-16, 17-18), 80 Hurdles (11-12), 100 Hurdles (Girls 13-14, 15-16, 17-18, Boys 13-14), 110 Hurdles (15-16, 17-18), 200 Hurdles (13-14), 400 Hurdles (15-16, 17-18)
Shot Put (all groups), Long Jump (all groups), High Jump (9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18) Pole Vault (13-14, 15-16, 17-18), Triple Jump (13-14, 15-16, 17-18), Discus (11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18), Javelin (mini) (8&under, 9-10), Javelin (areo) (11-12), Javelin ( 13-14, 15-16, 17-18)
Time Schedule: The Youth Division will be contested on Saturday beginning at 9:00am. The order of events for each day is below. The schedule is rolling – an event will begin as soon as possible after the conclusion of the previous event.
Schedule of Events:
RUNNING EVENTS: (9:00 a.m. – Rolling Schedule – no trials – all events are sections on time)
3000 Meter Run
3000 Meter Race Walk
4×100 Meter Relay
100 Meter Dash
1500 Meter Run
400 Meter Dash
200/400 Meter Hurdles
800 Meter Run
200 Meter Dash
1500 Meter Race Walk
4×400 Meter Relay
FIELD EVENTS: (10:00 a.m.)
Turbo Javelin (12 Down)
Long Jump (17-18 Down)
Triple Jump – Follows Long Jump
High Jump (9-10 Up)
Pole Vault (All)
Shot-put (8&U Up)
Discus (17-18 Down)
Javelin – Follows Discus (17-18 Down)
Awards: State Games South Carolina Gold, Silver & Bronze medals will be awarded after the results have been tabulated and published to the top 3 performances in each event (not section of flight) per age group. Medalists must participate in the Medal Award Ceremony to be held on the track infield as soon as possible after the event. Medals must be picked up at the meet. Medals will not be mailed or available at other times.
Spectators: Spectators may park in either lot around the school. Please be careful not to block driveways if you have to park in the surrounding neighborhoods. A $5/person admission fee will be charged into the stadium.
Competition Rules, Procedures and Other Meet Information
• All events are governed by USATF rules, except where modified on this page or within the rules of the State Games of America.
• Events will be officiated by USATF officials in as many areas as possible.
• All track events will be sections on time (timed finals).
• All horizontal throws and jumps will be given 4 attempts. There will be no finals.
• There will be no hurdle races where 27” hurdles are required.
• The event site will be closed to further practice after the conclusion of an event.
• Once the event has been contested, there will be no further competition in that event/division for those who missed races or attempts or did not complete their event.
• The meet will be held rain or shine. Inclement weather may delay or cause the cancellation of some events. Refunds will not be given for any reason for conditions outside of our control.
• Restrooms are located on both sides of the track, but there will be no shower or changing facilities.
• Spikes for all events except the javelin, must be ¼ inch or less. Anyone with longer spikes will be suspended from the entire meet.
• All athletes must wear their assigned numbers or they will not be allowed to compete.
• Number pickup for teams and individuals will be at the track entrance from the Brushy Creek Road parking lot. If you park in the Kimbrell Road parking lot you will have to walk around the school to get to you packet to enter the track for free.
• All starting blocks will be provided.
• Track athletes must report to the clerking area (which will be announced for each running event) and check in no later than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Any athlete that reports after the event has been closed risks being scratch from the event. Once scratched the athlete will not be allowed back into the event. It is the responsibility of the athlete to check in on time.
• Field event athletes must report to the event site before the last call is made. Athletes who report after the field event starts will be scratched and not allowed to enter the competition. It is the responsibility of the athlete to check in on time.
• All throwers must provide their own implements and vaulters must provide their own poles.
• All result protests must be made no later than 30 minutes after the results have been posted. All other protest involving the rules of track and field must also be filed within 30 minutes of the infraction. A $50 protest fee must be paid in cash prior to any ruling. The fee will be returned if the ruling is overturned.
• Age groups and/or genders may be combined to save time and/or increase the competitive level of the event.
• Parents and coaches will NOT be allowed in restricted areas. Athletes of parents or coaches in the restricted area will be disqualified. Restricted areas are a) inside the fence surrounding the track b) inside the flagged areas near and around the shot circle c) outside the fence in the discus are. The restricted areas are for competing athletes and officials only.
Questions: Please email Jennifer Nesbitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 State Games of America National Championships: will be held in Lynchburg, VA on July 31- August 4, 2019. Any athlete who has qualified in any event within a particular sport will be invited to participate in all applicable and contested events within said sport. For example, track and field athlete who only qualifies in one event in track and field, would be eligible to enter and compete in as many events within track and field at the State games of America National Championships as they like and are eligible for by the rules. For more information visit the State Games of America website.
Photos: 2017 Podium Photos