Track & Field
May 19 & 20 @ Eastside High School in Greenville
Photos: 2017 Podium Photos
Friday, May 19, 2017 @ 5:30pm-Until — Masters & Open Division (Age 19+)
Saturday, May 20, 2017 @ 9:00am-Until — Youth Division (Age Under 18)
Entry Fee: By registering for this event all participants agree to the State Games NO refund policy. $7 for each event. Relays count as an event and are $28 per team ($7 per athlete). YOUTH, OPEN & MASTERS REGISTRATION
Youth Division: 8 and under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
Open Division: 19-29
Masters Division: 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90 and up
Eligibility: All South Carolina residents, college students and military personnel who have lived in the state of South Carolina for at least 30 days prior to the day of competition and meet the specific requirements for their sport of interest may compete. South Carolina residents attending college or serving in the military in another state are also eligible to compete. Teams may roster out-of-state players if they can prove those players have been playing with the team all season. Age group is determined by your age as of 12/31/17.
Entry Limits: Youth Division for 12 and under is limited to 3 events per athlete including relays. Youth Division for 13 and older is limited to 4 events per athlete including relays. The Open and Masters Division are NOT limited to the number of events they may participate.
Events: All of the following events will be contested in all age groups 13 and older – 1500 racewalk, 100 meters, 200 meters, 400 meters, 800 meters. 1500 meters, 3000 meters, short hurdles, long hurdles, 400 relay, 1600 relay, shot put, discus, javelin, long jump, triple jump, high jump and pole vault. 11 and under will not compete in the triple jump, pole vault or any long hurdles. 10 and under will also not compete in the discus, 3000 meters or any short hurdle race. 8 and under will also not compete in high jump.
Time Schedule: The Open and Masters Divisions will be contested on Friday night beginning at 5:30pm. The Youth Division will be contested on Saturday beginning at 9:00am. The order of events for each day is below. The schedule is rolling – an event will begin as soon as possible after the conclusion of the previous event.
Entry Process: All entries will be accepted only at CoachO.com. Payment will be required at registration. No paper, regular mail or emailed entries will be accepted. There will be NO race day entry. If an athlete has not registered by the deadline, they will not be permitted to compete. All event entries must include a time, height or distance. These performances will be used for seeding purposes and cannot be changed after the entry is sent. If an athlete does not have a performance, he/she will be assigned to a slow section. Please give accurate and honest performances so that the sections will be competitive.
Awards: State Games South Carolina Gold, Silver & Bronze medals will be awarded to the top 3 performances in each event (not section of flight) per age group. Medalists must participate in the Medal Award Ceremony to be held on the track infield as soon as possible after the event. Medals must be picked up at the meet. Medals will not be mailed.
Spectators: Spectators may park in either lot around the school. Please be careful not to block driveways if you have to park in the surrounding neighborhoods. A $5/person admission fee will be charged into the stadium.
Competition Rules, Procedures and Other Meet Information
• All events are governed by USATF rules, except where modified within these pages.
• Events will be officiated by USATF officials in as many areas as possible.
• All track events will be sections on time (timed finals) except the 100 meters where we will contest trials provided more than 8 athletes have entered a particular age group. If 8 or less show for the trials of the 100 the finals will be run during the trials time frame and the finals for that group will not be contested during the finials time frame.
• All horizontal jumps and throws will be given 4 attempts. There will be no finals or additional jumps.
• There will be no hurdle races where 27 inch hurdles are required.
• Once an event has been contested, there will be no further competition in that event for any athlete who missed or did not compete in that event. If you miss an event you do not get a second chance or refund.
• Field event areas will be closed for further practice at the conclusion of that event.
• The meet will be held rain or shine. Inclement weather may delay or cause the cancellation of some events.
• Water will not be provided at field event sites or on the track. Please bring your own.
• Restrooms are located on both sides of the track, but there are no showers or changing facilities.
• Spikes for all events except the Javelin MUST be ¼” or less. Anyone with longer spikes on the track or runways will be suspended from the entire meet.
• All athletes must wear their assigned number or they will not be allowed to compete.
• Number pickup will be at the concession stand.
• Starting blocks will be provided.
• Track event athletes must report to the clerking area and check in no later than 3 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. After the event has been clerked, heats/sections may be changed or combined to accommodate the competition. Once an athlete has been scratched for failure to show during the required time, he/she will not be allowed to compete especially if the heats have been changed or combined. It is the responsibility of the runner to check in on time.
• Field event athletes must report to the event site before the last call is made. Athletes who report after the event starts will be scratched and not allowed to enter the competition. . It is the responsibility of the runner to check in on time.
• All throwers must provide their own implements and vaulters must provide their own poles.
• All result protests must be made no later than 30 minutes after the results have been posted on the website. A protest fee of $50(cash) will apply and must be paid before the protest will be considered. If the protest is ruled in favor of the protesting party, the protest fee will be returned.
• Parents and coaches will not be allowed on the infield of the track or around any of the field event areas. Athletes of those breaking this rule will be dismissed from the event.
• Age groups and genders may be combined to save time and/or increase the competitive level of the event. Results will still be separated for awards.
• Check the chart on the next page for official hurdle height/distance and implement weight for specific age groups and gender.
State Games of America National Championships: will be held at East Kentwood High School – 6230 Kalamazoo Ave. Kentwood, Michigan 49508. The Championships will be on August 5-6, 2017. Any athlete who has qualified in any event within a particular sport will be invited to participate in all applicable and contested events within said sport. For example, track and field athlete who only qualifies in one event in track and field, would be eligible to enter and compete in as many events within track and field at the State games of America National Championships as they like and are eligible for by the rules. For more information contact the State Games of Michigan office at 616-608-1855 or email@example.com.